Friday, April 20, 2012

10 nuisances I'm thankful for and why.

Someone who loves me recently encouraged me to be more positive.
It seems my negativity (though often cleverly disguised as sarcastic humor) had really started to affect who I was presenting myself to be.
So, I've decided to be more intentional about being positive.
Here's a list of 10 things that I've often considered nuisances - and why they're truly blessings.
(feel free to add your own!)

I AM THANKFUL FOR: And WHY
 
Cold Toilet Seats: evidence that seat's been unoccupied for a while.

My Commute: 40 minutes every morning to wrap my mind around what I hope to accomplish over the next 8 hours and 40 more to leave it all at work and reacquaint myself with family life.

Being awakened with "Daddy, I have a nosebleed": I'm a daddy.

My Mortgage: A house I'm hoping to pay for eventually and a generous bank who trusts me to do so.


TAXES: I'm part of an economic system that affords me the privilege to dream big and see some of those dreams realized.

Car Repairs: I have a car to drive and a spare for when that one breaks. One paid for. The other almost.

Annoying alarm clocks: I'm awake to hear it.

Hundreds of un-mated socks: There are three more sets of feet in my house. All of them ticklish.

My dogs barking and baying at all hours of the night: All I need to survive is daily kibble, some fresh water, and a deck to hide under when it rains. Squirrel chasing is a bonus.

More month at the end of the money: Life gets simple in a hurry.

Thanks to my loved-one(s). Hopefully this trend will continue.  Rest assured I'm thankful for you too!

JON 

No comments:

Post a Comment